- 6 full-size Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz. each)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp.milk
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp.baking soda
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup walnut pieces
Ingredients for the Vanilla Drizzle:
- 1/2 cuppowdered sugar
- 2 tsp.milk, plus more to thin
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap and coarsely chop chocolate bars; set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture.
- With wooden spoon work chocolate bar pieces, coconut and walnuts into mixture. (Dough will be stiff.)
- Press mixture in ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. (Do not over bake.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Drizzle Vanilla Drizzle over surface; allow to set. Cut into bars. Makes about 24 bars.
Directions for the Vanilla Drizzle:
- Combine powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons milk in small bowl.
- Add additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until of desired consistency.