- 3lb. bag yukon gold potatoes, halved and peeled
- 5 strips bacon, chopped into small pieces.
- 1 cup cooked cabbage (See Crockpot Stout Braised Corned Beef and Cabbage)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk (may need more depending on how you like the consistency of your mashed potatoes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place bacon in a frying pan. After 2 minutes, add the onions and garlic. Once the bacon is crispy, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and place them along with butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Mix into mashed potatoes, adding milk a little at a time to reach your desired consistency.
- Mix the bacon mixture and the cabbage into the mashed potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.