- 8 ounces cream cheese, fat-free
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 flour tortillas (small)
- 1 cup sweet red pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup low-fat cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups spinach leaves (fresh, or 9 oz. frozen, thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 cup diced, cooked chicken breast, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and garlic powder.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons bell pepper and 2 tablespoons cheese on one half of each tortilla.
- Add spinach: 1/4 cup if using fresh leaves OR 2 Tablespoons if using frozen. Add diced chicken, if you like. Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Put 2 folded tortillas in skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove quesadillas from skillet, place on platter and cover with foil to keep warm while cooking the remainder.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!