- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn, cut from the cob
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
Combine all ingredients except butter in large bowl; toss gently to mix well. Divide veggies in half; place each half in center of a 12? x 12? piece of heavy-duty foil. Dot with a little butter. Bring corners of foil together and twist to seal. Grill foil packets over medium hot coals for 15 to 20 minutes or until veggies are tender. Serve immediately.
Take ingredients with you for your outdoor dining experience, sealing them in plastic containers or zip locked bags to ensure freshness, and slip them into your picnic basket or picnic backpack. Combine and prepare them when you get to your picnicking spot.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!