- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (35 oz.) can Italian plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 whole chicken breast, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 country-style ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 8 sausage links
- 1/2 hot water
- meatballs (recipe follows)
- 1 (1 lb.) pkg. spaghetti
saute onion and garlic in butter and oil in large Dutch oven 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add 2 cups water, sugar, salt and pepper; stir well.
Place plum tomatoes in container of electric blender. Cover and process until pureed. Add to mixture in Dutch oven. Repeat procedure with whole tomatoes; add to mixture in Dutch oven. Simmer, uncovered, 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Place chicken, ribs and sausage in roasting pan. Bake at 350° 35 to 45 minutes or until done. Add meat to sauce in Dutch oven, reserving pan juices. Pour 1/2 cup hot water into roasting pan with pan juices; stir well. Add to sauce and simmer, uncovered 1 hour. Add meatballs; simmer additional 1 hour.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. Serve sauce over hot cooked spaghetti.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!