Cream Puff Cake
Submitted by: Pat Rife of Clyde, OH
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 3 small or 2 large boxes of vanilla Instant pudding
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 8 oz. Cool Whip.
- Heat water and margarine until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add flour and stir by hand until it forms a ball. Let cool.
- When cool, stir in eggs one at a time beating well until the batter forms a dull shine.
- Spread mixture on bottom and up sides of a greased ( grease with Crisco) 9 X 13 cake pan.
- Bake at 400˚F for 35 minutes. It will form a puffy shell in pan. Let cool.
- Beat together milk and vanilla Instant pudding until thick.
- Blend in softened cream cheese. Spread pudding mixture into crust.
- Spread Cool Whip on top.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with chocolate syrup. (I have found that Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping holds up better. )
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!