- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 Tbsp. butter OR margarine
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. each salt & pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a slow cooker, layer potatoes, onions and ham.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Combine soup and water; gradually stir into flour mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Pour over ham and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- If desired, sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Yield: 4 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!