- 1 large cucumber
- ground black pepper
- 2oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1oz butter
- vegetable oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350° .
- Cut the cucumber into 2” pieces.
- Cut each piece in half lengthways, then cut each piece into quarters.
- Remove any large seeds. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the cucumber for 4 minutes. Drain.
- Grease a small ovenproof dish and arrange half the cucumber over the base.
- Combine the cheese and breadcrumbs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle half the mixture over the cucumber in the dish. Dot with butter.
- Arrange the rest of the cucumber on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs mixture.
- Dot with butter and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top is crisp and brown.
- Serve immediately with fluffy cooked rice or new potatoes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!