- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into 4 slices
- 1 small eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 4 slices
- ¼ cup goat cheese, softened 1 cup non fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh oregano ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar and ground black pepper.
- Add sliced zucchini, squash, bell pepper and eggplant to marinade and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Grill the vegetables about 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Once grilled, cut the zucchini, eggplant and squash in half width-wise so that you have 8 pieces of each and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together goat cheese, yogurt, garlic, oregano and ground black pepper.
- Lay 1 piece of eggplant on a plate, top with 1 heaping Tbsp of cheese mixture, top that with two slices of zucchini, then top with another heaping Tbsp of cheese mixture.
- Top that with 1 slice of bell pepper then another heaping Tbsp of cheese mixture.
- Top that with two slices of yellow squash, then another heaping Tbsp of cheese mixture and then the other slice of eggplant.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil.
- Repeat process for three more Napoleons.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!