- 1 large cucumber
- 5 fl oz water
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 eggs – hard boiled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 small onion, chopped and peeled.
- 6 small radishes
- a few sprigs of watercress
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Peel the cucumber and cut into quarters.
- Cut each chunk in half lengthways and deseed.
- Place the cucumber in a pan with the water, wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- Deshell and mash the eggs.
- Mix in the olive oil, mustard powder, onion and salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the cucumber chunks.
- Garnish with watercress and radishes and serve with thin slices of brown bread and butter.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!