- 1/2 cup plus 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed firm
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
- 3 cups Quaker oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- “My dad’s recipe rocks because me and my mom tried to make the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies but they were not as good as my dad’s cookies. It also rocks because it is something my dad and I do together.”
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!