- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried pears
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, combine oats and dried fruit; set aside.
- In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in sugar, salt, lemon rind, corn syrup and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in oat mixture.
- Turn into 13-by 9-inch baking pan; press mixture to form an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm.
- Makes about 24 bars.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!