Submitted by a reader from Waynesburg, Ohio
- 1 gal. water
- 2 Tbsp. chicken bouillon, heaping
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced, heaping
- 2 tsp. hot sauce, heaping
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves
- In large dutch oven or stockpot, mix all ingredients together. Classic vegetables to use are: chopped cabbage, chopped large onion, chopped large pepper(s), snap peas, green beans, chopped celery, chopped carrots, shelled beans and corn (I like using vegetables from our own garden we have frozen along with our homegrown herbs we’ve taken leaves off and dried). Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 2 hours.
- Variations: 1. Use ghost pepper salsa for hot sauce. 2. Substitute beef or ham bouillon for chicken bouillon.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!