Dutch Oven Cookie Apple Cobbler
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 10 inch Dutch oven
- Dough Crust:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1-1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 .tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. milk.
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 cups sliced and peeled apples
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- .3/4 cup brown sugar
- dash nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- .1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- In a mixing bowls, combine sugar and buter thoroughly.
- Add egg,milk, and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat into creamed mixture.
- Chill dough while preparing filling.
- Combine the 6 ingredients listed under filling.
- Place mixture ina greased, foil lined 10 inch Dutch oven.
- Take the chilled dough and pat into a 10 inch circle and place on top of apple mixture in Dutch oven.
- Mix and put on the topping. (Recipe below).
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of dough.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Top finished cobbler with whipped cream if desired.
- Bake with 6-7 coals on botom and 12-13 on top.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes