- 5 1/2 cups sliced (1/2-inch thick) rhubarb (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans or almonds
- 3 tablespoons trans fat free light margarine, cut into small pieces
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
- Spoon into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Mix oats, flour and sugar.
- Add chilled margarine and mix until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add nuts, sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 375° F for 40 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Serve with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt, optional.