- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 lb. fresh bean sprouts
- 2 1/2 oz. fresh spinach
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
In saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups salted water to a boil. Add 3/4 cup rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Refrigerate rice until chilled. Combine chilled cooked rice, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, cashews, green onions, bean sprouts, spinach and celery in large bowl. Blend vegetable oil, soy sauce, parsley and crushed garlic in separate bowl. Pour dressing over the salad 1 hour before serving and toss well. (Some who have tested this recipe do not add dressing till just before serving to prevent getting soggy.)
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!