- 2 tablespoons shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat (2%) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (may also use 1/4 cup finely chopped onion)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, steamed or microwaved until tender and diced
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat inside of a 9-inch deep pie pan with canola cooking spray. Mix Parmesan and breadcrumbs together in small bowl, then pour into prepared pie pan and tilt it around to coat inside of pan with mixture. In mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt if desired, garlic powder, onion powder and hot sauce together on medium speed until smooth. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese and broccoli evenly into bottom of prepared pie pan. Pour egg mixture into pie pan and gently stir mixture lightly with fork to mix ingredients together. Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until edges are browned and puffy and center is set.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!