- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons coarse grind black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and 3 cloves garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add red peppers, wine, tomato paste and thyme, stirring until tomato paste is blended. Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir into pepper mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Keep warm. Meanwhile cut beef steak into 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1-inch pieces. Combine pepper, salt, paprika and 1 clove garlic in large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Thread beef pieces evenly onto six 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small space between pieces. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Serve with dipping sauce.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!