- 6 ears of corn OR 16 oz. pkg. frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Husk corn and remove silk. In large pot of boiling, sugared water, cook corn for 1-2 minutes. This short amount of time is perfect to just heat the kernels. Place corn in bowl of ice water and let stand 3-4 minutes. Cut corn off cob using sharp knife. Combine in large bowl with green pepper, onions, and tomatoes. In small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, garlic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Pour over corn mixture and toss gently to coat. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving. Makes 6 servings.
You can substitute frozen corn for the fresh corn if you like. Don?t cook it – just thaw and drain well before using in salad.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!