- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs or Panko
- 1 bag store-bought cheese ravioli (about 24 ravioli)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 jar marinara or spaghetti sauce, heated, for dipping
- Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches.
- Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, put the egg and milk (whisked together) and the bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Working in batches, dip ravioli in egg mixture to coat completely. Allow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs.
- Place the ravioli on a baking sheet, and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- When the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle the fried ravioli with Parmesan and serve with a bowl of warmed marinara sauce for dipping.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!