- 24 large mushrooms
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 4 thick slices peppered bacon, cooked and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pull the stems from each of the mushrooms.
- Wash and gently dry with a clean paper towel.
- Dip mushrooms in melted butter, then place mushrooms round-side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or in a large parchment-lined skillet or baking dish).
- Arrange the mushrooms so they’re not touching.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven until mushrooms are tender and dark brown.
- Flip each mushroom so the bottom side is up.
- In a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, egg, garlic, and bacon.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spoon into the center of each mushroom.
- Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the center mixture melts and begins to bubble lightly around the edges.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!