- 8 ounces mushrooms (blended) – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- In a large saute pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Cook until softened.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine ½ cup of water, milk, butter, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Immediately add the flour.
- Stir quickly into the mixture with a wooden spoon until the dough pulls away from the pan and forms a ball, cooking for an additional minute while stirring.
- Remove dough from heat and place into stand mixer.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, mix until combined.
- Add cheese, mushroom mixture and mix until combined.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, drop rounds approximately 2” apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Bake for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 375 and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes OR until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!