- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons poblano pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green mild jalapeño hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Place mayonnaise and sour cream in the bowl of food processor. Set aside.
- In a medium pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño and poblano pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked onion- pepper mixture to bowl of food processor. Process until a smooth and creamy mixture forms.
- Add hot sauces, salt, pepper and lime zest and process until mixed in. Place in a serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let chill for 1 hour or overnight before serving.