- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir into butter mixture.
- Gently stir in oats until well blended.
- Shape dough into balls (about 2 Tbsp. each). Place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a cup dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.