- 2 tablespoons orange or tangerine juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 s thin carrot slices
- minced candied ginger, optional
In small bowl, whisk together orange juice and cornstarch, stirring in sugar, vinegar, garlic and orange peel. Place carrots in one quart microwavable bowl.
Microwave on High power (100%) about 4 minutes*. Stir carrots and add orange juice mixture. Return to microwave and cook about 2 minutes* longer. Let stand 1 minute. Stir well and garnish with minced candied ginger if desired.
*For 1,000 W microwaves (oven power varies, adjust times accordingly)
This side dish has sweetness and a little zing!
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!