- 1 1/2 s skim milk
- 3/4 quick-cooking or regular rolled oats
- 1 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup or
- fresh blueberries or sliced banana (optional)
- orange marmalade or maple syrup (optional)
In medium saucepan heat milk over low heat just until hot, stirring occasionally. Stir in oats. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Combine flour, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into oat mixture. Combine egg whites, whole egg, cooking oil, and corn syrup; stir into oat mixture. Add oat mixture to flour mixture; stir until moistened. (Pancake batter may be covered and stored in refrigerator up to 2 days.)
For each pancake, pour a scant 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased heavy skillet. Cook until golden brown, turning to cook other side when surface is bubbly with slightly dry edges. If desired, serve pancakes topped with blueberries or sliced bananas and orange marmalade or maple syrup. Makes 14 pancakes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!