- 1 package Gluten Free Brownie Mix plus ingredients called for on the package.
- 3 8oz. pkg Cream Cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Irish Cream liquer or Irish Cream flavored half and half.
- 1 cup sour cream divided in half.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 oz bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- First, prepare your springform pan by lining it with parchment paper on the bottom and sides of the pan. Grease the parchment paper and flour it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the Brownies according to the package and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies until the top is shiny but the middle is not fully set, 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- While the brownies are cooling, beat the cream cheese and sugar together in the bowl in a stand mixer. Beat in the eggs one at a time, being sure to scrape down the sides after each egg.
- Beat in the Irish cream, 1/2 cup of the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Wrap the outside of the spring form pan with aluminum foil, make sure an extra inch can be bent over the edge after you pour in the cream cheese mixture to form a pie ring like cover to prevent the edges from over browning during baking.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie crust. Bend foil to form the pie crust ring. Place springform pan inside of a roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into the roasting pan to come 3/4 of the way up the side of the spring form pan. Immediately place in the oven and shut the door. Bake for 45-55 minutes until the edges of cheesecake are set. The middle will be jiggly.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sour cream over the still warm cheesecake. Turn off oven, keep oven door closed and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for one hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and the water bath. Remove the aluminum foil, being careful of hot water that may be inside.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, loosen the sides with a knife and remove the sides of the pan.
- In a small pot, bring heavy cream to a boil.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the hot heavy cream over them stirring until it comes together in a smooth chocolate mixture. Set aside for 2 minutes to fully set the ganache.
- Pour the ganache over the cheesecake, smoothing as necessary.
- Chill the cheesecake for another hour. Slice and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!