- ½ cup sorghum flour
- 4 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup medium brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ¾ cup raisins
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the oats. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Whisk in the orange zest and juice. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet and stir to blend with a wooden spoon. Stir in the raisins.
- Chill for three hours or overnight. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Scoop out heaped tablespoons of the dough onto parchment-lined, cooled cookie sheets. Leave around an inch and a half space between each cookie. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are light brown, but the centers still look soft. Let cool on the tray.