- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 large Florida pink grapefruit, peeled, membrane removed, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 tablespoon. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon Florida grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sauté onion in the olive oil until tender and light golden.
- Stir in sugar and sauté until glistening.
- Place in bowl and toss with remaining ingredients.