- 7 potatoes (medium size, about 1 cup each)
- 1 cup skim milk (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons soft (tub) margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Simmer peeled, diced potatoes for about 10 minutes until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Cook 1 cup peas in microwave for about 3 minutes; drain and reserve.
- Heat milk until hot.
- Add garlic cloves to milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Puree peas, ¼ cup milk, and garlic cloves using a blender.
- Drain potatoes and begin to mash.
- Slowly add ¾ cup milk while mashing.
- Blend in the pureed peas and garlic, margarine, and white pepper (optional) to the mashed potatoes.
- Place mashed potatoes in a serving dish and keep warm.
- Just before serving, lightly sprinkle Kosher salt on top of potatoes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!