Grilled Chicken Sandwich With Olive Arugula Topping
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, thin cutlets, rinsed and patted dry )
- 1 nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tsp. fresh basil leaves (dried)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (dried)
- 8 oz. multi-grain Italian bread (cut in half lengthwise)
- 2 cups packed arugula or spring greens
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 16 Kalamata olives (pitted, coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat chicken with cooking spray and sprinkle with the basil, onion powder, and pepper flakes. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center. Meanwhile, combine the topping ingredients in a medium bowl. Place the chicken on bottom half of the bread, top with the arugula mixture, top with remaining bread, and cut into four sections.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!