Grilled Glazed Carrots
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ clove garlic, cut into paper-thin slices
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for the carrots
- 10 medium carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, rosemary, garlic and ginger until combined. Whisk in 2 tablespoons oil so dressing emulsifies; set aside.
- Heat grill to low. Coat carrots with oil and season with salt. Grill carrots, covered, turning as needed to prevent burning, until nicely charred and fork tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When carrots come off the grill, toss them immediately in the prepared dressing. Once they’re coated, use tongs to transfer the carrots to a serving platter and garnish with green onion. Drizzle a few spoonfuls of the remaining dressing over the top.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!