- 1 package fudge marble cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 to 15 candy pumpkins
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 inches apart.
- Slowly pour gelatin over cake.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter until fluffy.
- Beat in the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over cake; top with candy pumpkins.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!