Creepy Crawly Cake Truffles
- Makes 4 dozen or 24 (2 cake pop) servings)
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow food color
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- White confectionary coating wafers, such as Wilton® White Candy Melts®
- Black confectionary coating wafers, such as Wilton® Black Candy Melts®
- Semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Assorted candies for decorating
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding orange extract and food colors.
- Bake as directed on package for 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Crumble cake into large bowl.
- Add marshmallow creme; mix until well blended.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Melt coating wafers or chocolate as directed on package.
- Using a fork, dip 1 cake ball at a time into the confectionary coating or melted chocolate.
- Tap back of fork 2 or 3 times against edge of dish to allow excess to drip off.
- Place cake balls on wax paper-lined tray.
- Decorate as desired.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes