- 18 (1 oz.) slices white bread, cubed
- 8 ozs. cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 s diced Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 s milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1/2 butter, melted
Lightly grease 9×13-inch baking dish. Line bottom of dish with half the bread cubes. Sprinkle with ham, Cheddar and Swiss cheeses; top with remaining bread.
In bowl, beat together eggs, milk and onion powder. Pour evenly over bread. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°. In small bowl, blend crushed cornflakes and melted butter. Spread evenly over casserole.
Bake 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!