- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounce) 100% pure pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice or water
- 1 large baking apple, peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9 by 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and apple juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For three 8 by 4-inch loaf pans:
- Prepare as above.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
- For five or six 5 by 3-inch mini-loaf pans: Prepare as above.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!