- 2 lbs. large mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 chopped onions
- 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 Jack Daniels Original No. 7 RecipeTM Barbecue Sauce (or other barbeque sauce)
- 4 tablespoons Heinz 57? Sauce
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°. Remove stems from mushrooms, leaving caps intact. Chop stems. In medium saucepan, melt butter. Then lightly brush mushroom stems with melted butter. In remaining butter, cook and stir sausage, chopped mushroom stems, and onions until tender and sausage is fully cooked. Gradually mix cream cheese, Jack Daniel?s Barbecue Sauce and Heinz 57 Sauce into saucepan. Continue stirring until smooth. Heat until warm. Stuff mushroom caps with sausage/cream cheese mixture and sprinkle stuffed caps with Parmesan cheese. In shallow pan, bake caps at 350° 8 to 12 minutes or until hot.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!