- 3 eggs
- 1 cup non-fat or low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil or butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- Eggs Goldenrod*, optional
In small mixing bowl at medium speed, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in milk and butter. Add flour and seasonings. Beat at low speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Fill spray-coated or greased popover pan, muffin cups or 6-ounce custard cups half full. Bake in preheated 425° oven until brown and firm, about 35 to 40 minutes. For crisper popovers, prick side of each with wooden pick and bake about 3 to 6 minutes longer. Loosen edges with narrow spatula or knife, remove from pans and serve immediately as is, or fill with Eggs Goldenrod.
(Makes 1 dozen)
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!