- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup non-fat or low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup bottled pizza sauce
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions with tops
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella
In medium bowl or covered blender container, beat together or blend eggs and milk until blended. In small bowl, stir together flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder and garlic salt. Add to egg mixture. Beat or cover and blend until smooth. Pour into spray coated 12 x 7-1/2 x 2-inch baking dish. Dollop small spoonfuls of pizza sauce over top. Draw fork through batter, swirling sauce into batter. Sprinkle with olives, pepper and onions. Bake in preheated 325° F oven 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Cut diagonally to form triangles. Serve hot or chill to serve cold.
(Makes 32 bite-size pieces; 6 to 8 appetizer servings)
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!