- 1 1/4 s uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small red apple, unpeeled, cored and chopped
- 1 small green apple, unpeeled, cored and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 half and half
- 1/3 sliced almonds
- 1/4 golden raisins
In heavy large skillet, lightly brown rice in butter. Add chicken broth, water, sugar, sage, salt and pepper. Bring to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in apples, celery, carrots, half and half, almonds and raisins; cook 3 minutes longer. Serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!