Homemade Fish Sticks and Tartar Sauce
Ingredients for the Fish Sticks:
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
Ingredients for the Tartar Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup dill relish
- 1 Tbsp dill
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip fish in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip fish in egg, and then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, turning once.
- While fish is baking, mix all ingredients for tartar sauce in a small bowl and chill until the fish is fully baked.
- Serve fish sticks and tartar sauce together.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!