- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon light or dark brown sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
- In sauté pan set over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook until caramelized, stirring every 5-10 minutes. If onions begin to burn, turn down heat. Once caramelized, Add the brown sugar and garlic, stir, and cook for 1 minute more. Remove onions from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In food processor, pulse onions, cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Put dip into bowl and chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Top with chives, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!