Instant Pot Stuffed Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 links fully cooked Italian-style sausage links, chopped, 6 oz. total
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup chopped scallion, divided
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 4 8-oz. russet potatoes, pierced in several areas with a fork
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 oz. cheese, crumbled
- Press the Saute/Browning button. When hot, add 1 Tbsp. oil, tilt the pressure cooker pot to coat bottom lightly. Add sausage and cook 3 minutes or until beginning to brown on edges.
- Add 1/3 cup of the water, the zucchini, 3/4 cup of the onion and oregano, cook 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender crisp, scraping up browned bits.
- Place in a medium bowl with hot sauce and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Cover to keep warm.
- Put a steamer basket in the pressure cooking pot and add the remaining water. Top with the potatoes. Lock the lid in place and close the seal valve. Press the Cancel button and reset to Manual for 18 minutes. When time ends, use a 10-minute natural pressure release, then a quick pressure release. When valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Remove potatoes with tongs (or a fork). Split potatoes almost in half and fluff with a fork. Add the salt and pepper to the sausage mixture and spoon equal amounts over each potato. Top with the cheese and remaining 1/4 cup green onion.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!