Italian Pasta with Shrimp
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-ounce can Italian whole plum tomatoes
- 1 pound cooked shelled shrimp (can substitute cooked boneless chicken breast)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- ½ pound box linguine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil salted water for the linguine, cooked as directed on the package.
- Sauté chopped garlic and onion in olive oil until tender in a large frying pan 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add cooked shrimp, sauté for 2 minutes and remove from pan. Try to keep as much garlic and onion in the pan as possible when removing the shrimp.
- Add the entire can of tomatoes with liquid, stir in the pan.
- Cook until it begins to boil and then reduce heat. Add shrimp, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour sauce on drained linguine and toss.
- Add crumbled feta cheese if desired, at the table.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!