- 6 eggs
- 1/2 skim or low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- cooking spray
- 1/3 bottled pizza sauce
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1/4 chopped green onions with tops
- 1/2 (2 oz.) shredded low-moisture,
- part-skim Mozzarella cheese
In medium mixing bowl or covered blender container, beat together or blend eggs and milk until blended. In small bowl, stir together flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder and garlic salt. Add to egg mixture. Beat or cover and blend until smooth. Pour into lightly greased 12×7 1/2×2-inch baking dish. Dollop small spoonfuls of pizza sauce over top. Draw fork through batter, swirling sauce into batter. Sprinkle with olives, peppers and onions. Bake in preheated 325° oven 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Cut diagonally to form triangles. Serve hot or refrigerate to serve cold. (Makes 6 to 8 appetizer servings)
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!