Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 3 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 4 cups farmers market vegetables, diced (squash, zucchini, asparagus, onions, peppers)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups plain yogurt
In heavy 4-quart saucepan, cook sausage and jalapenos over medium high heat, stirring frequently until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add vegetables, garlic and chili powder to sausage mixture and sauté 5 minutes. Add beef broth and tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in black beans and yogurt; cook 5 minutes. Serve with additional yogurt for topping.