- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup each asparagus, zucchini, green onions, yellow squash and red pepper, diced
- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) provolone cheese, shredded and divided
Preheat oven to 350°. Butter bottom of 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan. Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté, 1 to 2 minutes. Add asparagus, zucchini, onions, squash, red pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach; sauté stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in basil, oregano and vinegar; set aside. In bowl, stir together ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, egg, salt and pepper; set aside. Place layer of noodles (4 noodles) on bottom of prepared pan. Spread 1/2 ricotta mixture over noodles, top with 1/3 vegetable mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup provolone. Repeat with noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 1/3 vegetable mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella and remaining provolone. Top with noodles, remaining vegetable mixture, mozzarella and parmesan. Bake 35 to 45 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes; serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!