Kathy Johnson of Salem, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups beef stew meat or chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup onions, sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup cubed celery
- 3/4 cup small cut carrots
- 3-1/2 cups rich beef stock
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. corn starch dissolved in water (optional)
- 6-8 medium potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Trim the beef of all the fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the meat on all sides in the olive oil in a large heavy bottom pan on the stove top.
- Add onion, celery and carrots.
- Add the diced potatoes, garlic salt and beef stock.
- Cover and cook until the meat is very tender, approximately 1 hour.
- Correct any of the seasonings (salt and pepper).
- If desired, thicken with corn starch or flour dissolved in water (add slowly, may not need much).
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!