Kathy Johnson of Salem, OH
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5oz.) can Diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1 lb. cubed beef stew meat
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup raw quick-cook barley
- 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
- Spray inside of a 4-qt. slow cooker with the cooking spray.
- Combine broth, tomatoes, paste and onion salt in the slow cooker.
- Add meat, carrots and celery.
- Cover, cook on LOW for 7 hours or on HIGH for 3.5 hours.
- Stir in barley and sugar; cover and cook on HIGH 30 minutes more, or until barley is tender.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!