- 12 cook lasagna noodles
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon each, salt and pepper
Ingredients for the Salad:
- Sliced tomatoes, halved
- Thin slices of peppers, zucchini, or cucumber
- Diced red onion
- bite size pieces Spring Mix, Romaine or other greens
- 1/2 cup sliced, Black Olives
- Fresh parsley or basil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook noodles as directed on the package and drain well. You may wish to dry them on a paper towel to remove excess water.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the dressing by blending all dressing ingredients together.
- To assemble the salad: Line a 9×13” lasagna dish with 3 of the lasagna noodles, overlapping slightly to fit bottom of pan
- Evenly sprinkle 1/3 of prepared vegetables, olives and herbs over bottom layer.
- Drizzle ¼ of dressing over vegetables, sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover with three more noodles.
- Repeat to create three layers of vegetables. Cover top with last three noodles. Spread remaining dressing evenly over top layer of noodles. Finish with grated cheese sprinkled overtop.
- May be refrigerated before serving, or keeps well in the refrigerator or in a covered pan if transporting. To serve, cut into squares as for lasagna. Remove to plates with a spatula.